2-2.5 lb Whole Aquna Bass (gutted and scaled)
1/3 cup (peeled and finely sliced)
Salt, to taste
2 tbsp (30g) peanut oil
1/4 cup ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
1/3 cup shallot, sliced finely
1 tbsp (15g) rice wine
1 tbsp (18g) oyster sauce
2 tbsp (30g) seasame oil
1 tbsp (12g) white sugar
1 cup fish stock
1 sprig fresh coriander1 spring onion
1 large red mild chilli
- Make three 1cm deep cuts into each side of the fillets on the fish.
- Season each cut with fine salt and also insert some of the sliced ginger into each cut.
- Season also the cavity of the fish and place the rest of the ginger inside the cavity.
- Steam the whole fish in a large bamboo steamer over a pot or a wok for 12 – 15 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Place peanut oil, ginger and shallot in a saucepan and cook on low – medium heat until translucent.
- Mix in a small bowl rice wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil and white sugar.
- Add this to the ginger and shallot then add the fish stock.
- Cook on medium heat for two minutes until slightly reduced.
- Pick the leaves of the coriander.
- Slice the spring onion into diagonal pieces.
- Slice the red chilli into small pieces.
- Place cooked fish onto a large deep dished plate.
- Pour over sauce and place all three garnishes over the top of the fish.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE